top of page

Individual Tax Preparation

      Tax return preparation for some US taxpayers may be very simple to calculate and file. W-2’s and 1099s are pretty straightforward. Income from partnerships or S-Corps can be challenging. For those taxpayers that have a family, own a home and other assets or even operate a business, knowing and understanding all the rules and state or federal laws can make a difference on your tax refunds.

Tax laws are complicated making filing even a relatively simple return confusing.  It’s just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. We can help you understand and claim possible tax deductions for such items as:

  • Current Year Tax Rates

  • Itemized Deduction Limitations

  • Personal Tax Exemption

  • Business Expense Deductions

  • Head of Household Filing Status

  • Alternative Minimum Tax Exemption

  • Earned Income Credits

  • Health Savings Accounts

  • Adjusted Gross Income

  • Qualified Transportation Fringe Benefit

  • Foreign Income Exclusion

  • Estate of Decedents

Benefits Of Using A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) To Complete Your Tax Return


The primary benefits of using a CPA to complete your tax return are:

  • CPA’s have significant experience preparing tax returns

  • CPA’s participate in continuing education classes each year

  • We subscribed to current tax research design for tax professionals

  • We use one of the leading tax software products

  • Your returns are filed electronically so you get a refund back quicker


Additional benefits of using a CPA to complete your tax returns are:

  • CPAs, Attorneys and Enrolled Agents are given unlimited powers of IRS Representation even if they did not complete your tax return

  • CPAs may Represent clients on any matters including audits, payment/collection issues and appeals

  • CPAs can help negotiate relief from wage or bank garnishments, penalties, suspension of collection activity and more

  • Tax preparers other than CPAs, Attorneys and Enrolled Agents have limited powers or IRS Representation.

  • Extensive tax education

Personal tax returns are due to the IRS on or about April 15th of each year. Tax payments individuals may owe are also due April 15th of each year. If you can’t complete your tax return by April 15th, we can file an extension which extends your filing date to October 15th.  An extension provides additional time to file the forms, not to pay the tax.

Business tax returns and the required tax filing rules are determined by whether you operate as an LLC, an “S” corporation, a “C” corporation, partnership or a sole proprietor. Many tax laws are specific to your business. Business tax rules can be complicated and require the expertise of a CPA to ensure your best tax advantage.

bottom of page